Namaste my friends!
Doin' the "coo coo" Pigeon...Or how Ernie from Sesame Street is helping me find peace in my practice
I'm Guest Blogging over at Eastside Yoga Online this week....swing on over & have a read! While you're there check out the awesome online classes. Practice at home when you just can't make it out to the studio! It just couldn't be easier to get onto your mat!
Namaste my friends!
I like to read blogs..all sorts of blogs. Don't get me wrong, I love reading books too but blogs are short enough to make me feel like I've actually accomplished something...wow! I read a whole blog today! Can't often say that about a book. You'll likely find me on vacation if you hear me say "I read a whole book today!". (however, this one time in Barbados I only read 27 pages in a whole week!)
Last week I read a blog about the 5 things that happy people do. The fourth item on that list stopped me in my tracks....Happy people choose to be happy. WOW! Really? Could it possibly be as simple as that? I choose to be happy therefore I am happy? Again, WOW!
If you were to ask me on any given day, I'd tell you that I am happy, that I am blessed. I have so many things in my life that fill my heart with joy that I couldn't begin to tell you about them all. I probably have more than my fair share. And I ain't just talking about the toys & the trips & the beautiful home & the pizza dinner in the middle of the week just because I don't feel like cooking....I'm talking about the other stuff....the stuff you can't see...the stuff you can't pick up, turn over to see if I forgot to take the price tag off.
Here are the 5 things that I have in my life that make me HAPPY:
1) My Main Man - he stands quietly by & lets me do my thing...although I'm quite certain he believes that I'm starting or am part of some crazy cult of Walking Meditators & "Om"ers, he is both patient & flexible when I banish him to the basement while I teach in my studio.
2) My Baby Girls - although in their 20's, I still see them as wee babes showing off their own perfect Downward Facing Dogs & Hero Poses...Oh to still be that effortlessly flexible! Their beauty & independence makes my heart overflow.
3) My Students - who come to see me every week at my studio or join me at one of the community studios where I teach & are always so willing to try just about anything...everytime I teach a class I am inspired by them. Sometimes they look at me like I've totally lost my mind when I ask them to just "hop up into Warrior 3"...but my questionable sanity doesn't stop them.
4) My Yoga Family - these Yogis & Yoginis are the heart & soul of my Yoga Life. Their boundless generousity of spirit completes me. Being able to practice with & learn from these wonderful people is frickin' awesome...something I have specifically learned from them is that telling your Teacher you hate a specific pose is a sure-fire way of having it added to the class everytime she/he sees you walk in the door. Just sayin'
5) This Beautiful Day - and this beautiful hour, and this beautiful minute, and this beautiful second, and this beautiful second, and this beautiful second, and this beautiful second, and this beautiful second....you get the idea.
So my friends, stop your bitchin' & take some time to remember what you have to be happy for in your life...It ain't that hard....really!
Namaste my Friends,